Terms and Definitions
Definition Of Services
The Disposable Drop Off Service is as follows:
1. For all drop off services we start with our $35.00 drop off and set up base fee. The rest is determined by mileage due to the rise in gas prices and labor costs.
2. When you order this service we deliver your food at a preset appointed time.
3. The food comes hot and is set up and displayed in disposable containers with disposable racks and sterno burners to maintain the proper temperature.
4. Cold food is delivered cold for you to put out when you are ready to serve.
5. Your menu comes with quality disposable plates, napkins, and the necessary plastic ware.
The Non-disposable Drop Off Service is as follows:
1. Stainless steel chaffering pans, with sterno burners, and glass and stainless steel bowls are used to display the food.
2. Quality disposable plates, napkins, and your choice of either plastic silverware and serving ware or stainless steel silverware and serving ware.
3. All equipment must be returned cleaned or there is an additional cleaning fee. Any damaged or missing equipment is the responsibility of the client and will incur additional charges.
4. Pick up is available for an additional fee.
1. We strongly suggest you place your order at least two weeks in advance for standard events and three weeks in advance for weddings and pig roasts.
2. We require a deposit of one dollar per person for disposable menus, and a deposit of two dollars per person for complete service menus. This deposit is non refundable.
3. The deposit is due on the day the contract is signed and will be applied to your bill.
4. We have a minimum of twenty-five people.
5. *Your final count and menu selection is due one week before your event.
6. Counts can go up, but they cannot go down after your final count is in.
7. We accept cash, cashiers checks, personal checks, Visa, Mastercard, and Discover. A 3% bank charge will be added for credicard payments.
8. Final payment is due 24 hours before the event.*
* We understand that there are life events that you really cannot plan for, and therefore this term does not apply to funerals.
At Sherman’s Catering, we value our customers and we strive to make each event a treasured memory. We add our personal touch by providing extra services, at no additional charge, to enhance your event. We feel that great service, with generous portions and quality food, will keep you coming back for more.
1. Our professional staff includes a Party Manager and Uniformed Wait Staff (usually one server per fifty people).
2. The head table and the buffet table are covered with white linen and skirted. The guest tables are covered in white table covering.
3. Silverware, napkins, and salt and pepper are set on each table.
4. We, of course, take care of all food set up and cleaning up.
5. Additional charges may apply for “down time”
Events are quoted with 2 hours of set up, 1 hour for cocktails, 1 hour for serving, and 2 hours clean up.
China and Linen Service:
1. White dinner plate, salad plate, coffee cup, saucer.
2. 1 White, or Champagne linen table cloth for every 8 guests. Additional table cloths are $8.00 each.
3. 1 linen napkin per guest. Some colors available at no extra charge.
4. Silverware, salt and pepper, sugar bowls, creamers are set at each guest table.
5. White linen skirting for a 10 person Head Table (additional skirting is $15.00 per 13’), buffet tables, cake table, and appetizer table.
6. Glassware is available at an additional cost of $1.00 per. person, per. piece.
Here are some of the additional services we provide:
We will call your guest up to the buffet in an orderly fashion.
We will provide a carving service at your buffet for meats such as beef and ham.
We will provide coffee service to each table (if coffee is part of your menu package).
We will cut and serve your cake to your guest. *
Last but not least, our staff will transfer your left over food into containers that you provide. *
Client to provide cake plates and forks for cakes or deserts not ordered from our company.
Meetings and Tastings:
1. Because we only do only off premise catering, it is best to make an appointment to talk about your event.
2. If you would like to sample some of our menu items, Tastings are available by appointment.
3. We require 3 to 4 days notice depending on availability of day / time, and items you would like to try.
4. Four people maximum per tasting.
5. We charge $20.00 per tasting refundable to you, or applied to your deposit if you secure your date with us.
6. Tastings are available Mon., Wed., Thurs., Fri. mornings before 11 AM, or Wed., and Fri. evenings. Special arraignments can sometimes be made for Sat. / Sun. tastings (mornings only).
If you are looking for a special menu that you do not see listed, please contact us for a custom quote.